Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Perfect Sims Weekend


So its summer. And its hot.....hot and humid....all day every day. But then randomly this weekend it was beautiful! Perfect! So this humble blogger got her butt on her bicycle, grabbed her little sister, and went out on a perfect weather bike trip.

Well this included a trip to the farm stand to buy two small sunflowers and some tomatoes for a smashing dinner salad.

I work close to Hartford Hospital and sometimes my fewllow employees will wenture to the Hospital to take advantage of their expansive food selsections. Well in a rare treat I did this very thing the other day (rather then venture to Subway as per usual) And I ordered something at Au Bon Pain out of the ordinary as well. I am partial to the Caprese sandwich but in the spirit of doing things differently I ordered the chicken cobb without the eggs and with honey mustard. Well folks it was lovely...so for my post bike ride, super salad I give you....inspired by Au Bon Pain......

Perfect Bike Salad

2 farm stand tomatoes sliced
1 sliced cucumber from your mothers garden sliced
1/4 head red lettuce
1/4 cup Gorgonzola
grilled chicken breast
1 avocado cubed

Honey Mustard Dressing: whisk 1 T honey and 1 T mustard. Add 2 T vinegar. whisk. Season. Whisk in Olive Oil until emulsified.


No comments:

Post a Comment