Friday, April 16, 2010

Martha Pressured Me

So I always meant to start a blog about food. I like to write and I like to cook so it seemed like a good plan. I do suffer from commitment phobia, but Martha Stewart has inspired me to get off my butt (while ironically will be achieved by my sitting on my butt typing) and get to writing.

You see I attended a taping of her show recently. She's my hero, it was a BIG deal. And today I read on Twitter that she is having a special blog show and I would need to sign up for tickets tomorrow. This of course made me wish that I had actually started that blog that I had always meant to start (along with my novel, learning a languege and reading War and Peace) In fact, I have always wondered if anyone ever did read War and Peace, or Proust, or anything by Shelby Foote....ever. Or is this just a snotty person right of passage.
But rather then let this damn blog become one of those other imaginary activities that you always "are going to do", I'll move it to the "are doing" category.

Now I don't know if I will actually sign up for the show tomorrow but needless to say Martha, yet again, has challenged me to do what I always meant to and never did....

Wish me luck!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. i have read Shelby Foote, dont do it too yourself. I dont ever what to experience the ridicule when explaining to my boyfriend that i cant go out for dinner casue i have too know why Pickett Charged uphill to an out numbered enemy camp

    ReplyDelete