Monday, September 26, 2011

What To Get The Man Who Has Everything? French Dinner! That's What


Everyone has a few of those things, those things that make them truely happy. Prefect example: my friend and I went to Kent, CT on a mini-day-cation and we were both starving, drawn like flesh eating zombies to the alluring smell of dinner food into a small, cheap and delightful little resterant in the center of town. And on the menu was a hotdog, with Kraut, and fries. And have you ever had something that is just exactly what you wanted right then and there? Is there anything better? No.

Well one of these things, these perfect culinary delights, these exactly what I ordered foods for my Dad is Alsation Apple Tart from Lutece. He literally talked about this dessert for years until my very determined mother tracked it down a year or two ago. It was then made the crowning moment of an epic Prime Rib dinner a year ago on my Dad's birthday. See that blog post, and feel free to be jealous that I am not YOUR child.

Well this year we made it again, only it was paired with a Poulet Provencal masterfully crafted by my sister.

Yeah he's spoiled.....but he's a good Dad so I guess he deserves it.

Here is the recipe:
Alsatian Apple Tart

No comments:

Post a Comment