Thursday, July 29, 2010

Nom...Sister Addition

So I am house/cat-sitting and lonely as I am between these empty walls, without my loving boyfriend and food tester who is enjoying among other things, the culinary smorgasbord that is Europe. To quell this loneliness, Peanut, food blogger and little sister to the stars (namely me) agreed to come over and hang out for the night. Actually she wanted to gossip (I feel used) and as she always says, you can’t gossip on an empty stomach. This is why it never pays to be on a diet and over involved in your peers affairs. Trust me on this

So after enjoying the film Inception (which is AMAZING) we came back to Chris’s abode and whipped up a delicious meal of Chicken Burgers, and Sweet Potato Salad. My sister covered the salad in her blog so I figured I would walk you through the burgers.
To start I took regular chicken breasts and split them in half (making two thinner halves). They were then lightly dusted in a Mediterranean rub (Chris got it and put it on steak…fab) then salt and pepper. Then I grilled them (med-high on the gas grill for about 3 mins flipping half way) after I flipped them, I added a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese. Once cooked they were served on a bun with some tomato sauce. It was Jarred (I know) but good nonetheless.

We also had a lemon Shandie which I thought was made with half a beer and half lemonade but apparently there is a trade-usage error here as apparently the countries that actually serve such a drink use a “lemonade” that is more akin to a ginger-ale. I promise to further investigate this.
As to our audience, the kitties are both doing well, in fact they are hovering by as we speak being a nuisance (the season premier of Project Runway has them all excited). Can’t wait to get my food tester back but I’d imagine this got a solid 7.5 on the Chris scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment