Saturday, May 28, 2011

BBQ Motha F*** You

Don't worry readers that nasty language is dedicated not to you but to the cold I am forming in my body. I likely caught this from my dad who will be getting deadly things in his memorial day feast tomorrow.

And speaking of memorial day feasts, we are planning a big one this year. Stop checking your calanders, we are a day early, but we want to take advantage of hte weather and we have never been a family too concerned with celebrating things on the appropriate day [ex: my birthday falls usually the day finals start, and my mom and sister are basically comas around the fourth of July, so the 4th becomes Momz-P-nut day and the 6th is either briefly celebrated or postponed for three-ish weeks]

My dad decided he was sick of having the "same old thing" every year so we are mixing it up. I'll give you the full report when the time comes.

But I am taking this time to give you a fun aside. I shall call it:
The Hamburger Hamburger Potato Salad Story

You see it starts innocently enough, I turn on Fuse network, about eh, 8 years ago, to watch music videos. You kids born after 1990 are probably wonder what a music video is. Well it's what MTV used to have before Jersey Shore.... memories. Well, I turn it one and they play a short video (they used to do this often) and it was the one I will feature below. Well it's a dumb video to be sure; girls dance around with meat products in bikinis, so you'd think after that two minutes I would say "that was dumb" and move on with my life. YEah no! This video has haunted me ever since. I CANNOT EAT, MAKE, LOOK AT, HEAR ABOUT POTATO SALAD WITHOUT THINKING OF IT. In fact, I even find my self referring to potato salad as po-TA-to salad as per the video. I'm in a permanent hell.

This video is worse then The Ring. At least that nightmare only lasts seven days...so it's posted,, but please watch at your own risk


Sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment