Tuesday, May 24, 2011

This Pork Tastes like Freedom

So I appologize for my long absence, but see something magical has happened in the midst of the chaos.

I have graduated from law school.

I know, I know you can barely contain yourself. I know!!! So I am sorry I have neglected you but that last few weeks of finals was killer and once it was over I have about as much desire to write anything in English with my carpal tunnel ridden wrists and worn-bleary eyes as I do to go back to law school and start all over again. That is to say none.

But I promise I have worked hard to cook up (see puns! I'm already back in the swing of this) some fun adventures to make it up to you readers.

Expect a fun blog entry on my "sorry I'm a hose-beast" lunch, and my "I can't believe it's not meat dinner"

But for now I will leave you with my first post-law school cooking adventure:

Pulled Pork

I followed Martha's recipe (follow link) and also used my Bourbon BBQ sauce


Also, funny aside, the recipe asks you to cut up your pork shoulder. So when I went to get one at Guidos, I asked the butcher to cut it up for me. And he looked at me like I also asked him to lace it with Chrystal Meth and dead baby sprinkles and asked "what are you using it for?!". I explained and I think the confusion was resolved.....I think. Or I'm now that legendary girl at the meat market who makes mini, baby sprinkle roasts.

Another aside: get a big roast. I got one that was a perfect size to feed everyone, but a significant portion of it was fat...not cool. I literally has just enough.

It came out amazing (if I do say so myself). It was served with homemade coleslaw (thanks mom) and beer (less is more) and it tasted like the best summer barbecue with a hint of accomplishment and freedom. To this end, if my first meal after finishing my last law school final was a ham sandwich it likely would have been the best ham sandwich ever made.

So thank you for your patients reader. And in closing here is a great Iggy Pop song that I am dedicating to myself....what can I say? I'm a little proud of myself:

http://youtu.be/NGbw-cz35qo

No comments:

Post a Comment