Saturday, February 12, 2011

BBQ I'm awesome!!!

So this is a bit late on this but this past Superbowl Marilou and I were going to have an anti-superbowl, superbowl party. It was going to consist of us making typical superbowl fare (ribs, nachos etc) and we would watch a movie or something instead of the Superbowl. However, our plans were soon hijacked by the rest of our family, who's TV had gone out and they decided since we were already having a party...

Well we had a great time, and the reason I mention this is I made an awesome BBQ sauce for our ribs and it has been offically asked for by my mother. It is a take on a Curtis Stone recipe:

First prepare your peaches: I use frozen, place in bowl, microwave (its ok if they are warm) and puree. You should end up with about 1 cup of peaches pureed.

Take half a stick of butter and melt it in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add:
1/2 teaspoon each of allspice, cayenne, oregano, ground ginger (though for the record both times I've made this I didn't have any and used an equal amount of fresh grated ginger) and smoked paprika. And 1 Tablespoon sugar.

Add 1/2 a cup of Bourbon (if you are using gas, remove the pan from the heat before you add the alcohol. I use electric so I'm good)
Stir for about 1/2 a minute.

Add: peaches, 1 cup ketchup, 1/2 cup premade BBQ sauce, 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 small can pineapple juice (you can get Pineapple juice in a six pack, so one of those (don't remember the oz. off hand but I think it's about 8)) salt and pepper.

bring to a boil, then reduce to low and simmer for 30 mins. (stir occasionally)

Serve and prepare to have your nomings fawned over

No comments:

Post a Comment