Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Spice of Life

*Twitch twitch* edition
SO this post will be a homage to one of my favorite drinks.

No not Bourbon

So this post will be a homage to my second favorite drink: Coffee.

This past week I attempted an interesting coffee flavor" Southern Comfort", a gift from my sister via my Christmas Stocking (along with a Farmville gift card and Hello Kitty snack container...best. stocking ever.) And my final review is: F ing gross. It definatley didn't taste like SoCo but more like something I barffed up after drinking too much of it.

But it did get me thinking about this life giving liquid that plays such a key role in my ability to be anything but evil in the morning. And I am resolved to try new methods of coffee making.

First things first though, I'll walk you through my two brewing methods of choice:
1. Who ever invented coffee pots that run on timers deserves to be a millionare with a model wife and a Jag because everything about waking up to a pot of coffee that has brewed itself is amazing. It's like theirs a ghost in your house who loves you and makes coffee the way you like it. AMAZING

2. Since unless you are a savage or worse a Dunkin Doughnut drinker (for shaaaame) I didn't get into the mechanics of making coffee in a coffee pot. However, I did find a good guide for my second favorite way to have coffee: French Press Coffee. I will note that in this instruction the writer is the biggest coffee dick ever (a fact I truly appreciate) so while I myself am not as meticulous about my coffee grinder I figure if you don't make it this way now, you might as well learn to do it right.

It comes out smooth, strong, but not bitter or acidic. Make on Sunday morning and serve with everything bagel (with salt) and the New York Times

Another intesting way to make coffee which I have not yet tried is to cold brew. This apparently makes what is akin to coffee-concentrate that has zero acidity as it never comes in contact of hot water. I promise to try this and let you know how it goes.

And finally, should I ever get my hands on a Brinki I will definitely try Greek Coffee. It seems similar, though definitely not the same as Turkish Coffee which is made in an Ibrik. Hopefully, I can find somewhere that serves either or both of these because while there is no length I will not go to in order to provide the best foodie information, I ain't made of money and don't have the green to run out and buy every kind of mini-coffee pan ever made. I'll keep you posted on this though.


I may also try this Asian Sweet Coffee, just cause it looks damn tasty

Happy Noming

No comments:

Post a Comment