Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Promises, Promises

So kids I, and this is likely the first time in the history of this blog, have made you a promise and kept it. I made both my Paletas, and my Corn Vicyssoise. And I made both successfully and in a timely fashion after my initial promise to make them a mere blog-post ago. Go me!

The Paletas were AMAZING! My only gripe is they could be hair spicier. But they are the perfect balance of sweet, spicy and refreshing.

The Corn Vicyssoise is less exciting. It's good but not amazing. I am reserving a final judgment for when I actually sit down with a bowl of it, with the proper "fixins". But so far my thoughts are: good but I have better uses for an ear of corn. (upon review this sounds obscene...my apologies)

I also wanted to tell you about an exciting development in the world of car shows. See my dad is a "car person" and has recently, as in within the last few years, restored an Austin Healey Sprite. Well being the dutiful car daughters we are, my sister and I have been to quite a few car shows. But my favorite one is British by the Sea in Niantic. We went this past weekend, and as we admired our fellow crazy car folks various period car-picnic sets and other accouterments, we were informed that at Stowe they actually offer a prize for the best picnic. Well you better believe we are going to win that bitch!!! So you heard it here first: Peanut and I are taking up competitive picnicking. We're talking full china, elaborate tea sandwiches, fireworks, an elephant, a dead hooker. If you do any trial runs I'll let you know.

A random post to be sure. But to fulfill my obligations to you fills my heart with pride, especially in the light of how much time my bar prep takes up. I think in these times to a conversation I had with my sister a few weeks ago that went something like this
"Ugh I hope I pass the bar"
"whatever, you pass the bar ever night!"
"Lauren?!"
"that's right I'm sorry. You don't pass them, you go in and get drunk"

No comments:

Post a Comment