Monday, August 29, 2011

Yum Yum Yum Sauce

So the other day I was consumed by a culinary quest. I love hibachi, especially steak hibachi. The steak, when done right, comes out amazingly juicy, and is served with a sauce that takes its delicious taste from good to awesome. Well we had a boneless rib-eye and I thought what a perfect complement to it.

Well that is where the simplicity ends. Do you think I could find this shit on the internet anywhere?! Any search of “hibachi sauce” “sauce that is served with hibachi” etc yielded countless hibachi menus, restaurant websites, all of which did not bother to mention what they served with their hibachi (bitches)

Finally after almost 20 minutes of searching (I know it’s hard to be me) I finally found a website (yes a whole freakin website. I follow “Chucks Easy Recipe” but there are others if you feel more ambitious) that listed all of this elusive sauces many aliases, one of which was Yum Yum Sauce (gotta love the Japanese. Why come up with a fancy name when you can just get right to the point. The sauce is yummy = yum yum sauce) The others were white sauce, shrimp sauce, sakura sauce

Well here is the recipe, and let me tell you it lives up to its name. I served it with a pan-seared steak (nom) and cauliflower.
1 cup mayonnaise (Chuck insists quite ardently on Hellmanns)
¼ cup water
1 teaspoon tomato paste
1 tablespoon melted butter
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon sugar
¼ teaspoon paprika
Dash of cayenne pepper
Whisk all ingredients together thoroughly until well mixed and smooth. The sauce should then be refrigerated over night so that the flavors can meld. I have to admit I did not and it still tasted good but it is exponentially better today….just an FYI

No comments:

Post a Comment