Friday, August 12, 2011

Breakfast for Dinner


So everyone has those days, those days where you had a late lunch, and it’s now five and you are neither hungry nor do you have any idea what to make for dinner. Well after considerable deliberation…and I mean considerable….like it took forty minutes…my aunt and I decided to make waffles and have the ever popular, breakfast for dinner. Well I go in the pantry to get the stuff to make them and discover that I have a can of pumpkin. Well shit officially got real and I made delicious but unseasonal pumpkin pancakes. They basically follow the recipe for Martha’s Pumpkin Pancakes so that is the recipe I will give you. The only difference is instead of cooking on a skillet, place in a hot waffle iron, sprayed with cooking spray, and cook for about 5-8 minutes.

Pumpkin Pancakes
Bowl 1:
1 ¼ cups all-purpose Flour
2 TBSP sugar
½ tsp cinnamon, ground ginger and salt
2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of ground cloves
1/8 tsp nutmeg
Whisk to combine
Bowl Two:
1 cup milk
6 tbsp canned pumpkin puree
2 tbsp melted butter
1 egg
Whisk together then fold into dry ingredients. Heat skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray or melted butter. Cook pancakes three minutes each side.

These are absolutely amazing....trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment