Monday, October 18, 2010

Happy Turkey-flavored Nut Loaf Day

So I have to post about this because I think it is an interesting topic:
Should Vegans Host Thanksgiving and not serve their meat-eating family members turkey?

I have to admit, all liberalness aside, I don't think so.
A. I think in the instant case the vegan family in question was being a bunch of D-bags responding to their family's lack of sensitivity with...well...a lack of sensitivity. Believe it or not, vegan's of the world, some people do not think a tofu, nut loaf is as satisfying as Turkey on a holiday. Should vegans be forced to eat dead bird on Thanksgiving, no. should they have to prepare a dead bird for this holiday even though it is opposition to their beliefs, no. But should their family members have to choose between them and a staple of their holiday, don't think so.
B. that being said, I hate to be a jerk here, but I feel like this letter speaks to the overall preechy nature of veganism as a whole. I know, I know; meat is murder. I applaud those that stick to their guns and choose to not eat it. However, I get really annoyed when people demand that others make such demands asking for their loved ones to conform to their personal moral beliefs. I mean they wanted to bring the Turkey and everything....lighten up.

I know I sound intolerant but the bottom line is this:

It's really great you don't eat meat! really! good for you!

But if everyone you know is willing to make concessions for you (ie, put out some tofu on Thanksgiving ) why can't you make that same concessions back and save the nut loaf for a day without sentimental value for us sinners that like eating dead birds.
Kthanksbye

No comments:

Post a Comment