Monday, October 25, 2010

Foodie Film

Big Night

So I promised I would start watching Food Movies listed in Epicurious's list of Top Ten Foodie Movies.

The first one is Big Night.

Basic Plot:
Primo and Secundo are two Italian brothers who own an italian resterant on the Pre-situation Jersey Shore. Their business is failing so, in a last ditch effort to save their business, they host a party for a famous Jazz musician, arranged by a rival resteraunt owner who is trying to get his hands on Primo and his talents. The brothers put all of their money into creating the feast of a lifetime.

This movie was awesome! Defintely dragged me in, and I enjoyed it a lot. It was funny, a big tragic at times, and heartfelt without being Cheesy crap. Stanley Tucci and Tony Shaloup were both really great as the two brothers. Their relationship is very real and beleivable. Just a great film

I should add that this film had an interesting scene where the brothers made a dish called TImpano, which can be described as epic, and had fro better or worse inspired me to make my very own.

Here is a recipe for this masterpiece

Over all Alexandra Rating: I'm hungry

No comments:

Post a Comment