Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Ween

SO I have next to nothing to write about this week because I wrote a paper, and that encompassed my almost every waking minute.

However, I did try something different this week with the conclusion that I hate it and am being unduly influenced by Top Chef: Just Desserts.

I tried to make my own Almond Joys for Halloween.

The first attempt (sans recipe with "how hard could this be" being my famous last words). I tempered the chocolate, but it was not getting to the consistency I wanted, so I added a touch of cream. FAIL. This turned my chocolate into a unhardened mush.

The second time around (after reading a recipe..."ahhh...that's how they do it") I didn't add cream, but non-the-less could not get the texture I wanted. As a result, my Almond joys looked more like little poops then anything else, though that being said they were delicious.

Outside of that debacle though, I have to give a shout out to my mom who hosted a bangin party for my friends and family The spread included: cheese fondue (OK it makes me sound like less of a girl to say this but so much better then chocolate fondue), with roasted veggies, garlic bread (courtesy of Marilou) Spaghetti and Meatballs, Black bean guacamole (or Frankenstein Guacamole) and bleeding heart martini's. Dessert was handled by my aunt, who made mini caramel apples (With Lady apples) truffle lollipops, and pumpkin cupcakes. Delicious.


It was epic...we drank....we ate....we scared some kids...all around an awesome time.I went dressed as Daria and Lauren was Jane (we are awesome)

I should also mention another important lesson I learned this Halloween:
Chris and I had a party to go to Saturday, and I wasn't sure what I wanted to go as. I had it narrowed down to a few choices (hipster, Coco Chanel, lumberjack) and then I realized if I went as a Hipster I could just a case of PBR as a prop.AMAZING
lesson here: if you can use booze as a prop it wins automatically

and remember, it's not a drinking problem; it's method acting

No comments:

Post a Comment