Monday, November 29, 2010

Next day Thanks-noming

Well kids, you got to read my adventures in Thanksgiving diner, but now I thought I'd take a second to share my favorite way to enjoy the leftovers:

Thanksgiving Panini

Take two pieces of some rustic style bread (I personally love cranberry pecan bread avaliable at stop and shop)

spread one piece of bread with cranberry sauce
spread the other with mashed potatoes (or in this case sweet potato casserole)
place on one piece a small scoop of stuffing
layer with turkey
add about 2 tablespoons of gravy
top with other slice of bread and put on greased (or rather Pam sprayed) panini press and grill for 5mins. (or until heated through and sandwich has nice grill marks on it)

delicious!!

not feeling my overly simple leftover nom?! You can try one of the many interesting ideas on CHow

No comments:

Post a Comment