Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Modern Stone Age Dinner

So last night Marilou and I decided to indulge in a little steak. And when I say a little I really mean in two Flinstones sized Boneless Rib-eyes, with caramelized onion and Gorgonzola. It was sooooo good. I did them in a fry pan which is always a good idae and gets a great "crust" on the outside of the steak.

Trim fat off ends of Rib eye and season (Salt, pepper and what ever else you choose)
Heat pan to high, add about 2 tablespoons oil (veggie is what I use) and add steaks.*
cook about 3 mins each side. Remove, and top with Gorgonzola and caramelized onions. Let rest in tented foil for 10 minutes.(this will allow the juices to "settle" and it will give the cheese a chance to melt)


*note, always dry off your steaks with a paper towel before searing them.

It was fantastic. I served it with half a baked potato and peas (All I'm saying is give peas a chance)

No comments:

Post a Comment