Thursday, April 21, 2011

Shameless Ploys and Veggie Mexican

Another Quick recipe post:

Portabello Black Bean Quesadilla's

slice two portabello mushrooms into 1/2" slices.
saute in two tablespoons of olive oil over medium for 3 mins. Add diced bell pepper (i used Red)and half a can of rinsed black beans. Season, and add cayenne pepper (how ever much you want really). Saute for a minute more. Remove from heat.
Heat pan over med and add a tablespoon of oil. Assemble Quesadilla: tortilla, the bean-mushroom mix, and about 1/4-1/2 cup of shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack. Cook until lightly browned (1-3 mins), flip, repeat.

These came out fabulous!! I was very pleased with myself, though I should mention that I had no intention of ever making them. I bought the mushrooms (in a word...they were sexy) and planned to use them to make a portabella burger but saw a similar recipe in a book my mom had (which I browsed as we chatted about the important things in life like office gossip) and decided to make something similar.

I also have been thinking about something very important. I know like four people read my blog, but in a shameless attempt to get more readers, I am trying to brainstorm ideas to whore myself for readership (just short of actually whoreing myself). I did think that maybe I could celebrate my (20 post away) 100th post by making a cookie or something for everyone that reads and posts a comment. But if any of my dedicated readers (either of the two of you) feel like you have a better suggestion please comment and let me know)

Also, I felt the need to share this: I am so happy that Chow is doing a weekly Top Chef Recap. Their review is a nice Digestif to the show. I should mention that I disagree with their disdain for Savir. I think he is fantastic, but I suppose this goes back to my somewhat unpopular thought process that it's ok to be an arrogant ass-bag if you actually have talent. But that's just me.

And the Myke Hawke jokes were funnier on The Soup Chow: and I agree with Joel McHale: Myke Hawke is a dick

No comments:

Post a Comment