Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Apples + Tortillas = π



So maybe I spoke too soon about the whole pie situation. See as soon as I got home (and after I made Pasta and Meatballs with the delicious Meatballs Chris and I made on Saturday) I decided I like Pie and the time is now.

So I will share my simple recipe for Quick and Dirty Tortilla Pie. Originally from a recipe in The Hartford Current:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut up 2-3 apples (without skins) and add a half a lemons worth of juice, and about a tablespoon of sugar. Then place in the center of a tortilla (or as I did in this case two small tortillas) leaving some space at the ends (about an inch). Then fold the ends of your “pie” over forming a “crust” (see picture). Secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and bake for about 30 minutes

The result isn’t your grandmothers apple pie but it’s damn good all things considered. I like how crispy the “crust” gets and it is a perfect end of the day dessert. Nice and light, and easy to do.

Aside: next time I will not put on as much cinnamon sugar as my first bite resulted in me having cinnamon sugar blown up my nose. Think of that post-beach sand-in-your-butt-crack-feeling only on your face and faintly reminiscent of thanksgiving. Will not make this mistake again

No comments:

Post a Comment