Sunday, August 29, 2010

Le Petite Frace.....Le F*ing delicious

Ok so today I went on a culinary adventure to a new French Pastry, Le Petite France shop in West Hartford and I am happy to report that their croissants are as good as the ones I grew up eating a Versailles in Greenwich, CT (not from there but taking to a second to imagine I am....ohhhh the fashion!!!). They were light, fluffy, crispy, and crusty; basically every adjective that applies to good things you put in your mouth (no comments) applies to these. go check it out.

However, their Napoleons left me a little colder, and I realize that I have never found one on par with those of Versailles. and this fact then lead me to search online to see how hard they are to make.

WELL: I stumbled upon this instead. Smoked Salmon Napoleons....

so now with a epicurean boner that would make Harvey Keitel blush, I am resolved to make this droll inducing culinary masterpiece as soon as possible.

additional aside: it pairs well with Mirassou Sauvignon Blanc 2008, a choice bottle with a price tag of only $8. What's not to love

Bon Appetite

No comments:

Post a Comment