Saturday, August 14, 2010

Getting my Old Man Drink On


Now to discuss an equally important part of the culinary experience: the drinks!

To start my exploration of potent potables I have to start with a personal favorite: the Whiskey Sour. I know, I drink like I'm an 80-year old man, complete with hair in my ears. I may be only 24 (no comment on the ear hair) but I think this drink is timeless in it's simplicity (come on, I know sex and the city was a good show, and that kids drink younger and younger these days but there is no reason that every libation should taste like a Mars™ product and end with -tini) I made one the other day when I had come home from an especially trying day. I had recently invested in a bottle of Makers Mark (I looooove Bourbon) for such a day and it seemed like a nice worthwhile after-bad-day treat. I may have this recipe perfected: I take one shot of Makers Mark, squeeze one lemon and add 1 teaspoon of superfine sugar. I love the Makers for it’s slightly sweet, rich flavor and it is defiantly worth the slightly over Jack Daniels price tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment