Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Sept Vougue = Fall cooking

Amen Epicurious

I too am looking forward to fall and all of the delicious flavorful things I can make. On my laundry list are some experiments I have dreamed up in the warmer months just in anticipation of this wonderful time of year. And now that September Vogue is out, fall has for all extensive purposes began. Look to the weather (ignoring the coming 90 degree weather)...it follows suit. forget Cesar; all hail Vogue.

Of these culinary atom bombs some I am very excited to try and will mention now are apple pie and squash soup. boring? On their face I suppose (*hates self for use of constitutional legal jargon in space designed to provide escape from aforementioned jargon*) However, I have some devious ideas in store. First my soup (classically pumpkin and as delicious as it is healthy and shockingly low in calorie). This year I may go to the farm stand and try to make it in every fall squash flavor. Why? to see which is the best. I love pumpkin for it's subtle sweetness, but let's see how the other squash fair.

Secondly, my pie (Apples are my favorite thing, especially the seasonal ones we get here in CT which taste like heaven in your mouth. This year I may attempt to branch out a little. I'm not much of a baker but I have hopes that this will be my year. First I will attempt my own Pate Briesse (how the hell do you spell that) which does not look hard, it just has yet gone unattempted by me. Secondly, I want to attempt to put some spins on my favorite pies classic flavor. One such concoction I was going to attempt is a vanilla-bourbon (it remains to be seen if the Maker's flavor makes it into the pie itself of the whipped cream). You see why not expedite the process of getting drunk and eating pie, besides I imagine this will taste especially delicious in front of the fire place. time will tell..

well my darlings, excuse my temerity for teasing you with such temptingly terrific recipe possibilities, but putting it in print will help keep me honest about finding time in this crazy world of Law School to make them.

Incidentally, keep reading for an entry towards the end of this week where I bid a due summer in the best way I know how: an overly elaborate dessert.

Banana Spice, Strawberry Basil and Caramelized Banana Splits

Either that or enjoy my post about how I have fried off my own eyebrows mid-flambe and break into hysterical sobs in front of the Dairy Cream as a result of Post-Traumatic-Stress Disorder.

No comments:

Post a Comment