Monday, January 31, 2011

Snow time....again....grrrrr

So just in case we were missing it too much it's going to snow tomorrow. This is great news. I was personally sad about the lack of snow because it had been more then 24 hours since we had a foot of snow fall, and that just hurts me mother nature. I have been loving the copious amounts of snow, constantly needing shoveling and interfering with my school schedule (ok I'm not so sad about that). And nothing makes me smile more then constantly bad driving conditions, never being able to see the road when I'm trying to get out of driveways because the snow drifts are at least a story and a half tall, and CONSTANTLY wearing my snow boots with EVERY outfit....it's great. AWESOME.

So in anticipation of another two days snowed into the house, I have decided that tomorrow will be the day I officially attempt my Farro Breakfast.

17 ounces regular or light coconut milk
1 1/2 cups farro
1 cup water
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoons kosher salt
[1/2 teaspoon coconut extract]- I don't have this/know what this is so it's getting left out
2 medium mangoes, small dice - or in my case frozen Trader Joe Mango

put everything but the mango (and coconut extract...whatever the hell that is) in a pot and heat over medium, stirring occasionally until simmering (10 mins). reduce to low and cook about an hour (until milk almost dissolved, and faro cooked through)

stir in mango

serve in bowl, under blankets, with pajamas and Netflix rental.

I'll give you the review tomorrow!!

An additional mention I must make. I have been sucking wind at my Foodie movie reviews and I apologize. At present I am working on the review of Like Water For Chocolate, so expect that soon.

But until then I should mention that I just got Scott Pilgrim v. The World the other day and it .....was.....AWESOME! Did not expect it to be that good. But it was very clever.

So why mention it on a food blog? Because one of Romona's evil Ex's got his super powers from being vegan, got tricked into drinking coffee with half and half and lost his super powers to the vegan police (it's better then it sounds). But when rehashing a indignant (mind you incredibly sexy) Brendon Rouths crimes against vegan-ism, he dares to ask "gelato isn't vegan?" to which the vegan police retort "milk and eggs bitch"....I laughed like a retarded monkey and now may never be able to eat this frozen confection without thinking about this...just sharing

I should also mention though that I am glad Vegans don't actually have super powers as that would only serve to make them more annoying

Happy nomming

No comments:

Post a Comment