Friday, January 14, 2011

New Years Resolutions


Dearest Blog,
I am sorry I have spent the early part of this new year silent but it's been a hell of a few weeks. Christmas happened and that's always busy; I am now single which is never fun; and school just started (yeah the light at the end of the tunnel was in fact jersey)

But I am resolved to look on the bright side, and will say that this is my last semester of misery, I didn't cook much after my break-up because of my lack of appetite, but this means I'll be nice and skinny when I'm ready to get back out there, and for Christmas I received a whipper which will be the subject of this post.

The whipper is an ISI and it has been sooooo fun to play with. And my latest experiment is getting blogged because it was delicious:

I'll call it the "One-Stop-Shop break-up Cure: Bourbon Spiced Whipped Cream"

To be fair the alcohol cooks out but I'm sure in a heart-broken state no one needs an accuse to pour a drink along side their dessert.

first you make a syrup: Take about 1/2 cup bourbon, pinch of cinnamon, few whole cloves and about a tablespoon of sugar and heat over med-high in a small sauce pan. Cook down till syrupy (when you taste it, it should not taste like the enormous shot you took for yourself after you started cooking) then add to whipper, add capsule, shake and serve....DELICIOUS!

be forewarned it is not that sweet, so if you like sweetened whip cream add more sugar.

Serve with nice satisfying but not soon to be regretted- sized ice cream sundae and a healthy serving of bitterness.

Also good on cocoa as your cuddled up watching Rom-Coms crying thinking "Duckie was more of a man then you ever were.." *throws mug at screen

Or squeezed right from the container into your mouth along with shots of bourbon while you scream and hiccup

I make no judgments about how you choose to manage your demons but I found a small coffee sundae and horror movies sufficient.

Happy New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment