Thursday, March 3, 2011

Attack of the Boobie Burning Corn!!

So remember when I made Kettle Corn the other day?

Well it's now led to the single weirdest, most awkward food related injury of all time.

I am not making this up:

I went to make kettle corn the other day (was just in the mood and I had asked Marilou is she'd split a popcorn with me and thought...what the hell)

So I start making it.....OK

I lift the lid as the corn started popping to add the sugar.

and WHAM!!!

a kernel pops, flies into the air and lands in my shirt. I am shocked but mid-sugar sprinkle so I leave it for a second while I complete my task.

Well it was a hot kernel, covered in hot sugar and it started to burn my boob. In pain, I grab the front of my shirt and shake with the hope of dislodging the hell fire corn product from its unlikely home between my A cups and it finally falls. I sigh in relief

yeah no! It falls down my shirt and lands in the waistband of my pants. And there it stays....burning my flesh like a damn cattle brander. So again, hands full, attempting to cook, I begin flailing around trying to dislodge an even more problematic corn kernel from my danger zone, praying it doesn't combust because despite the complete lack of physics logic in such a fear, the little jerk felt like it was on fire.

Well I finally freed it, and managed to sustain not only a little burn on my boob but an actual, corn-shaped pink spot about 3 inches from the downtown Y. And it hurt....a lot.... *sad face


Could not be repeated!

On a more pleasent front, I am taking a trip tomorrow so that I can buy cardamom and then make cardamom, strawberry cupcakes...um what?! delicious! I think so

No comments:

Post a Comment