Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Little Gold Man Party

So I have really done it this time. I made a fantastic diner: marinera and meatballs....and I did it from Springfield.

Um what the hell?

Marilou texted me last night in the midst of my 40 yard dash that is Monday to tell me that she LOVED the dinner I had made (this weekend) and she was enjoying it as we spoke. I, in turn, asked if she was impressed that I had made such a delicious dinner from another state. I am awesome

Why share this story. B/c readers I have not lifted my arms to use a pot since making those meatballs, which BTW where uncharacteristically dry. I life fail. The only other thing I made was a Cannelloni bean dip for Marilou's birthday/Oscar party.

Cannelloni Artichoke Dip: Combine 1 can each, cannelloni beans, artichokes, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary. Blend. Serve hot in crock pot with toasted pitas

challenging right? yeah it's sad.

Good news though:!!! I, in two short weeks, will be packing my butt and heading down to South Carolina to see my friend Lauren!!! Hurray!!!!

Also, with the exception of Inception not winning best picture, the Oscar party was amazing. Here were some of the highlights

To start we popped the bubbly (prosecco) and served a cheese plate, aforementioned hot dip, Swedish meatballs, olives, and deviled eggs with capers.

We then awarded our Tim Burton Award for most overlooked this year (my vote was for Justine Timberlake. I know he beat-boxs and dated Brittany Spears but that dude has F**ing talent. Honorable mention for Joseph Gordon Levitt) and we served drink #2: The Tim Bourbon (ie Makers and Ginger ale...nom)

Then we served Crostini with avocado and goat cheese (um...good....really....nom)

This was when we were going to serve our second cocktail "The Status Update" (ie blue Curacao and Fresca ....P-nut said it's good) but we were pretty toasted by then.

We then awarded our Jude Law Golden Cupcake award to Anne Hathaway. I'll mention that the cupcake was actually a carrot cake in cupcake shape.

Note: The Jude Law Golden cupcake alludes to the year that Jude Law was in EVERYTHING. And at the Oscars Chris Rock made a joke about how he was in every film that year and mentioned "if he wasn't actually in it, he made cupcakes" and an award was born.

In addition we played the "red carpet drinking game" where everyone was assigned a designer and every time someone was wearing their designer you had to take a drink. I was owning with Marchesa (who BTW make wedding gowns so I know I am just out of a relationship but I need to meet my soul mate right now!!!) but it would have been more fun if Ryan Seacrest had bothered to ask anyone who they were wearing....I know you're a guy but COME ON!!!

All in all a great night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment