Friday, March 4, 2011

My Tangy Cupcake or My Sweet Muffin Debate



Strawberry Cardamom Cupcakes

So I just finished my cupcakes and I have to say DELICIOUS !!

Two minor concerns:
1. I want that cardamom flavor to feature a lot more, so next time I am definitely going to at least double the amount suggested. As is the case almost every time I have tried to add an herbaceous flavor to my sweets, there is that delicate balance of trying to impart a distinctive earthy taste without making it seem like a pregnant women desert. On that note, thinking of a good way to work pickles into my next cupcake.

2. There was a frosting debate. I love the cream cheese in this recipe and think it provides a necessary tanginess to cut the sweetness of the cake. But my friend Kate thinks the cupcake is fine without the frosting, and prefers it served in the sweet muffin (not a sexual reference) family instead. She says this fact forces her to rate the confection at an 8.5 but luckily no one asked her so please disregard

Marilou gave it a 10 (woot)

Finally, I should note that law school has made it impossible for me to do any math of any kind, and I have, on three occasions now, completely miscalculated how many cupcakes I need to divide up. See I had the perfect number, so I would have four for my function tonight, two for Marilou and three for my family with a bonus to Kate...this of course adds up to 8 because that last bit of information on the UCC warranties provisions was clearly more necessary to my brain's efficiency experts then the ability to add simple numbers, so such an ability was flushed for space.

So I can tell you that arbitration materially alters a contract and therefore cannot be added as an additional term under 2-207, but I cannot tell you what two plus two is. Ahh the joys of lawyering

No comments:

Post a Comment