Monday, September 27, 2010

The Spice of Life

BeachTime Barbie Brew Edition
So the spice of life is early this week because I have a hella busy week and wanted to make sure it got the time and attention it deserved. So here it is, early but still good:

The problem with this article is a three parter:
1. Ewww
2. I resent the beer industry and the writer of this article feeling there is/should be a niche market for girl beer. A. I'm a girl, wouldn't drink this crap B. more men, in my experience drink this crap then women do (take from that what you will)
Notice also that it links to this article on "girly wine". again! why is it automatically assumed that women are to blame when such marketing disasters occur: see casual gaming and click lit for similar gendered crazyness.
3. it does make me want to try the fictional Bubblegum-Flavored Beachtime Barbie Brew


Apparently I spoke to soon about the law and food last week. Here are two stories about the law and libations:
1. Leave it to Ben and Jerrys to use ice cream for political purposes. Side note: shout out to my favorite joke about Ben and Jerrys celebrity flavors via Stephen Colbert: "Woody Nelson has a flavor?! what is it made of; shredded tax records and hash"
2. International House of Pancakes sues International House of Prayer (IHOP v. IHOP). I know who I'd choose

I want to do this for corn (I was just telling Marilou we should try freezing corn for the winter.

titties for chicken thanks to Esquire

So excited about the new season of Top Chef: All Stars, especially because it brings back two of my favorite chefs: Fabio and Steven!!!! Hope these two make it to the end because I love them both

sortof wine column from McSweeney's

Finally make sure you wish me and my partner in crime a happy anniversary. Two years ago, on Tuesday, we sat down to a lovely dinner at Plan B in Simsbury, enjoyed burgers and beer, and our first official date. We probably should go back there again for this special occasion (though I may opt to eat diner home first so I can try out a new recipe on him)

No comments:

Post a Comment